Arbitration, Conciliation and Mediation is specifically designed for students of the three – year and five – year law courses in India, including national law schools. It would also be useful for practising lawyers as reference material in this field.
This book is an attempt to provide a compact, integrated text on Indian law in this field. Beginning with the history of arbitration law in India, the text describes the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. It then describes arbitration tribunals, arbitral awards, enforcement of awards, termination of proceedings, appeals, conciliation and mediation and supplementary provisions.
- Includes an exclusive chapter on sample arbitration clauses
- Presents chapters in lecturette format, focusing on conceptual clarity
- Provides section – wise comments and detailed discussions on leading cases from Indian and Foreign courts, to assist the interpretation and understanding of the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
- Reinforces concepts with the help of latest judgments
- Provides sample Q&A and important questions for better understanding
- Author: Vishnu S Warrier
- Paperback: 270 pages
- Publisher: Lexis Nexis; First edition (28 August 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9351435547
- ISBN-13: 978-9351435549